I have not participated in Thankful Thursday in a few weeks and I have certainly missed it. My heart is full of praise today for many different reasons and I want to share them with you and with God. Many times, I take for granted the blessings that God sends my way and that is wrong. I want Him to know how much I appreciate each thing – no matter how small – that He gives me and my family.
I am thankful for:
1. Vacation – The time at the beach was awesome with my husband and the kids.
2. Independence – Both of our country and of ourselves through Him.
3. Opportunities – God has placed some awesome opportunities into my lap lately. From reviewing Christian fiction to taking a writing class to going back to college. I am amazed at how well He knows me and my desires.
4. Friends – My friends that I have are just awesome! Both those that I have “met” online and the real life ones. The real life ones have seen me struggling the last few weeks or so, but have been there for me with their shoulders and advice.
5. Family – My family would not fit anyone else, but I fit in their craziness. From a 30-year old brother who collects Star Wars figures to a 29-year old sister who carries a gun, somehow I fit. They are unusual, but they are my family. My mom and dad have always been there for me – no matter what.
6. Husband – He is great! I am so much more in love with Him than I was almost 11 years ago when we got married. I love to see him holding my youngest reading her a book. It makes my heart melt.
7. Children – They are each so different, even though they all came from me. They amaze me each and everyday with their intelligence and senses of humor.
8. Kick in the Butt – Everyone needs a good kick every now and then and God has really given me one lately. I am on a journey to lose over 100 pounds in the next year and with God’s help, I will succeed! My health is suffering from this extra weight and I cannot live with it anymore. Pray that I will stay on track.
God puts blessings in our path each and every day. What are you thankful for today? Visit Iris and see what other bloggers are thankful for.
Book review coming soon with another giveaway! Check back later today!
Smiles and Loves! Janis